The Assemble $5k BeGreat Together Scholarship
$5000 HBCU Sudent Scholarships!
General Progam Information
BeGreat Together, the non-profit subsidiary of newly launched BIPOC tech platform, Assemble.fyi, will be filming short documentaries starting Spring 2022, focused on Black and Latino community changemakers and the work that they are doing to transform their communities. Each short documentary will contain historical and present-day facts and statistics related to the community area of change being promoted. Some topics will include: Black and Latino maternal health, advocacy and art within Latino communities, housing advocacy, engaging our justice system, and more. We will provide three $5,000 scholarships to junior, senior or graduate level HBCU students, interested in being a part of the research team for four short documentaries that will be filmed.
Who Qualifies / Criteria
All applicants must be an actively enrolled full-time junior, senior, or grad student in an accredited HBCU college/university.
How to Apply / Guidelines
Submit an essay (450-500 word one-pager) answering three questions:
What interests you in the project?
How does the history of a community or population, impact the present condition of a community or population?
How can we use stories to transform narratives in Black and/or Latinx communities?
Spring and Fall 2022 School Year
Opens: January 17, 2022
Deadline: February 22, 2022 at 11:59pm CST
Winner notified by: February 28, 2022
Candidates with qualitative or quantitative research experience is not necessary, but preferred. An interest in Black and/or Latino community building is strongly encouraged. Applicants may receive an email or phone call from a BeGreat Together representative for additional inquiry.
- Participants must be a junior, senior, or grad student enrolled full-time at an eligible educational institution.
- Participants must have a valid HBCU institution email address.
- The Assemble BeGreat Together Scholarship contest entry period for 2022 academic year begins January 17, 2022 and ends February 22, 2022 at 11:59 CST.
- The winner will be notified by the school email address they provide by February 28, 2022.
- Funds will be distributed directly to the institution that the winner attends.
Sponsored by: Convergence Partnership and Health Forward Foundation
For more information, email: email@example.com.